Pro Blog Academy – Module 4
Pro Blog Academy – Module 4 is the final module in Ray Higdon’s course and it is titled “Converting your traffic”. This module of Pro Blog Academy covers:
- How to get more opt ins from people who visit your site
- How to talk to your leads via email and phone
- How to sell and get people to take directions through your emails
- How marketing can dictate your results (online branding)
Before we dive in here this is the final post in this series of Pro Blog Academy so if you have not read my earlier posts please do that first so this is relevant to you. You can find them here:
So now to Pro Blog Academy module 4….
Pro Blog Academy – How to get more opt ins from people who visit your site
Have a great give away to entice people to opt in. Ray suggests we think of something that people will feel they just have to have! People are reluctant to give up their email list so it needs to be good. Ray changes his regularly. Think of something that does not have the person thinking they’ll get bombarded with emails.
Pro Blog Academy – Some bad examples of opt ins are:
- Join my newsletter
- Join my list
- Join my newsfeed
All of these do nothing to suggest value to the visitor and they suggest they’ll get emails for life !
Pro Blog Academy – Good opt in ideas
- 7 easy to use online places to locate more real estate buyers, or places to list property
- Step by step blueprint to get your book published
- How to sneakily get an extra 10 leads a day everyday
Of course make your opt in relevant to your target prospect. On your opt in include phone number as an option.
Pro Blog Academy – How to talk to your leads via email and phone
- Phone – Call them if they leave a phone number. Call and listen. Ray reminded us we do not get paid to blog we get paid when we make sales. Once you have listened to them you can pitch them what they’re looking for.
Sales and leads are more important than traffic!
- Email – be careful of auto responders. If you are blogging 2 – 7 times a week watch what else you are sending in the way of emails. Give value, value, value. Have one major direction you want them to take.
Pro Blog Academy – How to sell and get people to take directions through your emails
Pro Blog Academy teaches us Two ways to get people to take action are;
- In the email that sends your blog link to your list ask them if they learned something to leave a comment
- In the blog – say something like “if you want a more thorough example enter your name to download xxxx”
Ray’s advice when emailing is always talk to the person as an individual not as if you are emailing a group.
Pro Blog Academy – Some deadly sins in emails
- Cc ing a list of people – never, ever do it (but I am sure you know that)
- When prospecting do no send unsolicited links
- Do not use hype!
Pro Blog Academy -How marketing can dictate your results
Your marketing will dictate the type of person you attract.
If you want a high end client understand what they want.
If you are marketing for the lower end don’t expect too much.
Branding your self
- People do not follow companies – they follow people. Brand yourself! (I know this is true as I have joined my current company because of the person I signed up with).
- Your blog should have a picture of you on it.
- Share cool experiences if you have some to share.
- Remembers stories sell!
- Your blog is an asset so put the effort into it.
- Get exposure and build your brand
Think about who you can work with or bring value to in your industry that will get you exposure. Ray used this one to help him get the fast success he has had in his business.
And that wraps up Pro Blog Academy – Module 4 and the Pro Blog Academy course. I hope you have found value in my summaries. If you have please leave me a comment and share this with your friends. You can get on the VIP notification list when Pro Blog Academy re-opens.
To you success!