Pro Blog Academy – Module 2
This is my second post in my review of Pro Blog Academy; Ray Higdon’s new course. If you missed my review of Module 1 you can read it here at Pro Blog Academy – Module 1.
This second module in Pro Blog Academy is on content creation – in fact “Becoming a Content Creation Machine”. Now isn’t that something every blogger aspires to become? So let’s look at what Ray teaches us in this module.
Before Ray dives into content creation he covers how he created his online brand. For those of you that have followed Ray Higdon you will know he is very consistent at blogging. So it is no surprise he names that as the first factor in his success. Here is what he says contributed to his achievements online;
- Consistency – Ray blogs 5 to 7 times a week and has a daily routine he follows.
- He got in the heads of his target prospects by asking himself – “what do they struggle with, what do they want, what do I solve”.
- He has a content creation and syndication process.
Pro Blog Academy – Now let’s look at his suggested 3 methods to Create Content
- Existing and new training. Ray suggested we look at our book shelves and pick 3 books in our niche and blog about them. He says we have hundreds of blog posts in our book shelves. I know I do and have used a couple of them to blog about in the past. And of course what I am doing now? – training and I am blogging about it. Hey and it makes me really pay attention to what I am learning!
- Ask people – do live presentations or webinars and ask people what their number one question is about and use their questions for blog titles. Ray gave an example from a recent presentation he did where he asked people what their number one question was about online marketing. Great idea don’t you think?
- Barnes and Noble – now if you are like me and do not live in the USA then going to a Barnes and Noble is not going to be an option so pick a book store or library near you. Go to the store and pick 3 to 6 books on self-improvement, leadership, sales, or whatever applies to your niche. Go through the books and look for lists and turn these into blog posts. Ray also leaves drop cards in the books (smart marketing). Also of course he suggests we use our Amazon affiliate link in our posts.
Pro Blog Academy – Ray then gave some suggestions on some ways to create content and get paid for it. These included:
- Charge a small amount to attend a webinar and record it and then you have a recording you can use on your blog. He also explains how to justify using the information people have paid for by saying the people at the live presentation were able to ask questions.
- Do a live presentation along the same concept as with the webinar.
- Do something technical that you charge someone for and record it (definitely not for me but may be for some of you).
Ray suggested that we RECORD EVERYTHING!
Pro Blog Academy – How to SEO each blog post
Ray briefly covers Keyword research. He is not a technical dude so it is pretty brief. Music to my ears as I am not at all technical and love to see someone can succeed without it!! Having said that I think we all understand the importance of keyword research.
Ray uses Market Samurai for some of his posts and uses SEO Pressor (which he calls his”little watch dog”).
He reviews a blog post he had recently written and the formatting of it. I learned a few things I am not doing.
Pro Blog Academy – Overcoming the credibility factor when starting out was the next topic in this module.
Many of us ask ourselves who will listen to us when we are starting out online. Ray suggests that if we are truly solving people’s problems then it does not matter. Marketing is the solving of problems!
Pro Blog Academy Homework
Of course we have homework and I am doing some of mine right now by writing about this module 🙂 If you are interesting in purchasing Pro Blog Academy when it re-opens you can get on the VIP notification list. Here is my affiliate link Pro Blog Academy.
I hope you enjoyed my summary of this module in Pro Blog Academy and if you did please share it with your friends. Please leave me your comments below.