Having an attitude of gratitude is not something new. We have been told to feel grateful throughout the ages. Of more recent times with more people adopting the law of attraction the idea has been reawakened.
Feeling grateful for what we have not only results in us attracting more blessing into our lives, it also makes us happier and more giving as a human being.
It is not possible to feel gratitude and anger, fear or any other negative thought at the same time.
“Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for. ” Zig Ziglar
How do we develop an attitude of gratitude?
Oprah talks about gratitude in this short video.
I love the way she said “Concentrate on what you have and you will have more and if you think about what you don’t have you will never have enough.”
Here are some other ideas to develop an attitude of gratitude
- When you wake up every morning before you get out of bed think of the things in your life you are grateful for
- Listen to meditations on gratitude. YouTube has many to choose from.
- Keep a gratitude diary as Oprah suggested. She said write down 5 things. I like to do that at the end of the day and I can assure you it is very easy to get to 5.
- Acknowledge yourself when you do something well, learn something new or achieve even the smallest of things.
- Never compare yourself to others.
- Take in the beauty of nature.
- Always acknowledge others and give praise.
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault
Here are some simple things that you and I can be grateful for :
- Clean water
- The air we breathe
- A bed to sleep in
- The food we eat
- If we are reading this another day on the planet
- and the list goes on……….
Many of us have goals we wish to accomplish and want more abundance in our lives. We can start by having an attitude of gratitude.
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” Eckhart Tolle
I would love to hear how you practice gratitude. Do you keep a gratitude journal?
One final quote that wraps up why we should develop an attitude of gratitude nicely.
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
I am sure by now you can see the power of an attitude of gratitude.
Have an amazing day!